October 7 - December 7, 2022|
10/3-12/7 | Green School Leader eeCredential (Graduate Credit Optional)
Learn the skills and tools to become a Green School Leader (part of Kansas Green Schools Program - kacee.org/kgs)
Time & Location
October 7 - December 7, 2022
About the Event
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2022*
Welcome to the Kansas Green School Leader Course! This course is designed to provide student leaders, educators and community leaders with an introduction to environmental education, experience with environmental education and green school activities, and the skills necessary to integrate environmental education and green team projects and investigations into classrooms, schools and programming.
***IMPORTANT*** - As a part of this eeCredential, you will also be taking the eeDouble Course (which will run simultatneously from 10/3-12/7) which includes online training for Project Learning Tree & Project WILD, Project WET & Project WILD Aquatic, and your choice of EITHER the Leopold Education Project OR the Early Childhood Environmental Education Course.
One Graduate Credit Hour Available (through Baker University) for an additional $85 (there is only one graduate credit hour available between both the Green School Leader eeCredential and the eeDoubleCourse).
This is an entirely online course that will be held in an online platform called Moodle. The course is broken down into online modules with assignments to complete after each module. Module assignments will help you build or strengthen your green team and create an action plan for your school or site.
- Course 1: Getting Started with Kansas Green Schools
- Module 1: Overview of Investigations and Applying for Recognition
- Module 2: Energy Investigation
- Module 3: Waste & Recycling Investigation
- Module 4: Water Investigation
- Module 5: The Learning Community Investigation
- Module 6: The Healthy School Environment Investigation
- Module 7: Community Engagement
- Module 8: Leadership Strategies
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental education with an emphasis on green schools.
- Lead environmental education green school activities.
- Develop, grow and sustain a green team at your site.
- Implement Kansas Green Schools Investigations at your site, collect data, create an action plan and submit for recognition.
KACEE is commited to being inclusive and to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to be a part of our community. Email email@example.com for scholarship information.
Learn more about eeCredentials and Kansas Green Schools: