Dear Environmental Education Supporter,
We invite you to show your support for environmental education in our state by sponsoring Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE) events this year. KACEE unites public agencies, teachers, community organizations, businesses, and individuals behind a common cause - teaching kids how to think, not what to think, about environmental issues through non-biased and science-based EE.
KACEE is a 501(c)3 organization with a vison to grow a healthy, vibrant and resilient Kansas through the power of environmental education. A portion of your sponsorship is tax deductible. Your sponsorship will be recognized in our promotions, reaching 1300+ people across Kansas.
By sponsoring our fundraising events, you will help offset costs, reduce registration fees, and provide scholarships for educators. Support for environmental education is vital for a healthy environment, vibrant economy, and successful communities.
If environmental education is something that you or your organization deeply values, sponsoring one or more of our events provides the opportunity to live your values and lead your community by example.
Thank you for your consideration!
The KACEE Board and Staff
June 6 – June 24, 2022|
Moodle Online Course
6/6-6/24 | Growing Up WILD & PLT Early Childhood eeCourse
This course is designed to provide early childhood formal and non-formal educators with an introduction to environmental education, and the skills necessary to integrate Growing Up WILD and PLT Early Childhood environmental activities within your classroom, center, home daycare, or program.
Time & Location
June 6 – June 24, 2022
Moodle Online Course
About the Event
*REGISTRATION CLOSES June 1, 2022*
KACEE is committed to being inclusive and to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to be a part of our community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship information.
Time Commitment ~4 hours/week. To be completed at your own pace.
Welcome to the Growing Up WILD and PLT Early Childhood Environmental Education workshop. This eeCourse is designed to provide early childhood formal and non-formal educators with an introduction to environmental education, experience with Growing Up WILD and PLT Early Childhood environmental education activities, and the skills necessary to integrate Growing Up WILD and PLT Early Childhood environmental education into your classroom, center, home daycare, or program. You will be receiving Project Learning Tree's Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood and Growing Up WILD materials as part of this course. The course is broken down into 5 "Modules" on the online classroom and you will need to complete all 5 "Modules" to complete the course. Modules includes various tasks and assignments that you will need to complete such as reading text, watching videos, sampling environmental education activities, etc.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental education.
- Lead early childhood environmental education activities with children/students.
- Make a case for the utilization of environmental education activities within your classroom, center, home daycare, or program etc.
- Integrate early childhood environmental education into your classroom, center, home daycare, or program through a multi-tiered plan that incorporates short term, medium term, and long term goals for integration and ongoing professional development for educators.
- Market/Promote your classroom, center, home daycare, or program as an environmental education project based learning center.
- Module 1: Introduction to Environmental Education and KACEE
- Module 2: Project Learning Tree's Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood
- Module 3: Growing Up WILD
- Module 4: Early Childhood Environmental Education and Standards
- Module 5: Development of an EE Action Plan/Teaching Unit