June 6 - June 24, 2022|
Moodle Online Course
6/6-6/24 | Leopold Education Project eeCourse
This course is designed to provide K-12 formal and non-formal educators with an introduction to environmental education, and the skills necessary to integrate Leopold Education Project environmental activities within your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program.
Time & Location
June 6 - June 24, 2022
Moodle Online Course
About the Event
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JUNE 1*
KACEE is committed to being inclusive and to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to be a part of our community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship information.
eeCourse duration: June 6 - June 24, 2022
Time Commitment: ~4 hours/week. To be completed at your own pace.
Welcome to the Leopold Education Project Environmental Education eeCourse. This course is designed to provide K-12 formal and non-formal educators with an introduction to environmental education, experience with Leopold Education Project environmental education activities, and the skills necessary to integrate Leopold Education Project environmental education into their classrooms, homeschool classrooms, and programs. You will be receiving Leopold Education Project materials as part of this course. The course is broken down into 4 "Modules" on the online classroom and you will need to complete all 4 "Modules" to complete the course. Modules includes various tasks and assignments that you will need to complete such as reading text, watching videos, sampling environmental education activities, etc.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental education.
- Lead Leopold Education Project environmental education activities with children/students.
- Make a case for the utilization of environmental education activities within your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program etc.
- Integrate Leopold Education Project environmental education into your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program through a multi-tiered plan that incorporates short term, medium term, and long term goals for integration and ongoing professional development for educators.
- Market/Promote your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program as an environmental education project based learning center.
- Module 1: Introduction to Environmental Education and KACEE
- Module 2: Leopold Education Project
- Module 3: Leopold Education Project and Standards
- Module 4: Development of an EE Action Plan
Non-member registration price. Become a member or sign in to your account for 33% off (ticket price drops to $50).$50.00