January - April, 2022 | Exact dates are TBD|
Online | Zoom
Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy - Spring 2022 Semester
Calling all middle school and high school teachers: Have you been thinking about getting a green school program going in your school? Then the Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy is for you!
Time & Location
January - April, 2022 | Exact dates are TBD
Online | Zoom
About the Event
For Kansas Middle & High School Teachers and their Students: The Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy (KGSVA), brought to you by KACEE and Greenbush | REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 1/15/2021
Middle & High School Teachers: Gather a group of students and join us for the Green Schools Virtual Academy to learn how to start or strengthen a Green Schools Program at your school.
Timeline: January - April, 2022
Time Commitment (Monthly):
- 1 Zoom meeting per month. We will work with you to find a time that meets your schedule.
- + 5-10 hours of Water Investigation outside of regular Zoom meetings
You and your students will join KACEE's Kansas Green School Coordinator and Greenbush's Outdoor Education Coordinator for regular virtual meetings January-April 2022. You'll receive hands-on guidance and mentorship as you work through one of the five Green Schools Investigations. (For the Spring 2022 Semester we will be working through the Water Investigation.)
You and your students will:
- Learn or review the basic elements of the Kansas Green Schools Investigations.
- Work with the Water Investigation as a template to gain an in-depth understanding of the components of all of the Kansas Green Schools Investigations.
- Complete the Water Investigation as a group, with live guidance from the Coordinators, through the course of the semester. This will entail working on the investigation both in the regular Zoom meetings as well 5-10 hours/month outside of meetings.
- Learn about upcoming Virtual Academy opportunities.
By completing the Virtual Academcy, you and your students will:
- Successfully complete the Water Investigation by the end of the semester.
- Gain the tools and know-how to complete the other KGS Investigations (Waste & Recycling, Healthy School Environment, The Learning Community, and Energy)
- Learn how to earn your school state and national recognition as a Kansas Green School of Excellence!
KACEE is commited to being inclusive and to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to be a part of our community. Email email@example.com for scholarship information.
Want to know more about the Kansas Green Schools Program? Learn More.
Looking for complementary standards-aligned curriculum for your classroom? Teachers interested in professional development with optional graduate credit available can pursue KACEE's Green Leader eeCredential. Learn More.
Registration is for the Spring Semester of the Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy, January-May 2022.