Dear Environmental Education Supporter,
We invite you to show your support for environmental education in our state by sponsoring Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE) events this year. KACEE unites public agencies, teachers, community organizations, businesses, and individuals behind a common cause - teaching kids how to think, not what to think, about environmental issues through non-biased and science-based EE.
KACEE is a 501(c)3 organization with a vison to grow a healthy, vibrant and resilient Kansas through the power of environmental education. A portion of your sponsorship is tax deductible. Your sponsorship will be recognized in our promotions, reaching 1300+ people across Kansas.
By sponsoring our fundraising events, you will help offset costs, reduce registration fees, and provide scholarships for educators. Support for environmental education is vital for a healthy environment, vibrant economy, and successful communities.
If environmental education is something that you or your organization deeply values, sponsoring one or more of our events provides the opportunity to live your values and lead your community by example.
Thank you for your consideration!
The KACEE Board and Staff
Kick-off meetings between (TBD)|
Online via Zoom and Moodle
Kansas Green School Virtual Academy - Fall 2022
Calling all upper elementary, middle and high school teachers: Have you been thinking about getting a green school program going in your school? Then the Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy is for you!
Time & Location
Kick-off meetings between (TBD)
Online via Zoom and Moodle
About the Event
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 5/31/2022!*
KACEE is excited to partner with Greenbush for the Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy. Teachers and students enrolled in the Academy will experience guided, hands-on, standards-based sustainability investigations to help make our schools and communities healthier and more sustainable places to learn and live. (All of these opportunities are free or low cost.)
This cohort of “Green Leaders” will join monthly virtual meetings to receive training on how to investigate Water, Energy, Waste, and the School Environment, and be provided with the tools and resources to get started investigating in your school, collect and analyze data, and develop an action plan for your school and community. As Green Teams work through these Project-Based Learning investigations, you will have the opportunity to gain recognition as a Kansas Green School of Excellence.
Opportunities for Green Leaders:
- Fall Semester, guided experiences in conducting the Healthy School Environment Investigation in your school from start to finish, with opportunities to connect and collaborate with other Green Leaders. ($25)
- Teachers will have the opportunity to enroll in an optional online course to gain access to more teaching and learning materials. ($50)
- Teachers will have the optional opportunity to enroll in an optional online course to earn a Green School Leader microcredential with an option for one hour of graduate credit through Baker University for $85 (50% Off Microcredential! $125 for Members of KACEE or Greenbush)
- Students will have the optional opportunity to to enroll in an optional online course to earn a Green School Leader eeBadge. (FREE)
- After completing 2 investigations and meeting all of the KGS requirements, schools will be able to apply for statewide recognition as a Kansas Green School of Excellence. (to learn more about how to become a Kansas Green School of Excellence, Click here) (FREE)
Registration is for the Fall Semester of the Kansas Green Schools Virtual Academy, September-December 2021.