Dear Environmental Education Supporter,
We invite you to show your support for environmental education in our state by sponsoring Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE) events this year. KACEE unites public agencies, teachers, community organizations, businesses, and individuals behind a common cause - teaching kids how to think, not what to think, about environmental issues through non-biased and science-based EE.
KACEE is a 501(c)3 organization with a vison to grow a healthy, vibrant and resilient Kansas through the power of environmental education. A portion of your sponsorship is tax deductible. Your sponsorship will be recognized in our promotions, reaching 1300+ people across Kansas.
By sponsoring our fundraising events, you will help offset costs, reduce registration fees, and provide scholarships for educators. Support for environmental education is vital for a healthy environment, vibrant economy, and successful communities.
If environmental education is something that you or your organization deeply values, sponsoring one or more of our events provides the opportunity to live your values and lead your community by example.
Thank you for your consideration!
The KACEE Board and Staff
October 3 - December 7, 2022|
Moodle Online Course
10/3-12/7 | eeDoubleCourse (Graduate Credit Optional)
This course is designed to provide PreK-12 formal and non-formal educators with an introduction to environmental education, and the skills necessary to integrate PLT, Project WET, Project WILD, WILD Aquatic, & LEP or Early Childhood activities within your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program.
Time & Location
October 3 - December 7, 2022
Moodle Online Course
About the Event
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, SEP 28*
KACEE is committed to being inclusive and to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to be a part of our community. Email email@example.com for scholarship information.
eeCourse duration: Monday, October 3 - Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Time Commitment: ~4 hours/week. To be completed at your own pace.
One Graduate Credit Hour Available (through Baker University) for an additional $85
Welcome to the Environmental Education eeDoubleCourse. This course is designed to provide PreK-12 formal and non-formal educators with an introduction to environmental education, experience with Project Learning Tree, Project WET, Project WILD, WILD Aquatic, & Leopold Education Project or Early Childhood environmental education activities, and the skills necessary to integrate environmental education into your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program. You will be receiving Project Learning Tree, Project WILD, Project WET, Project WILD Aquatic, and either the Leopold Education Project or PLT Early Childhood and Growing Up WILD materials as part of this course. The course consists of 12 "Modules" on the online classroom and you will need to complete all 12 "Modules" to complete the course. Modules includes various tasks and assignments that you will need to complete such as reading text, watching videos, sampling environmental education activities, etc.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental education.
- Lead environmental education activities with children/students.
- Make a case for the utilization of environmental education activities within your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program etc.
- Integrate environmental education into your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program through a multi-tiered plan that incorporates short term, medium term, and long term goals for integration and ongoing professional development for educators.
- Market/Promote your classroom, homeschool classroom, or program as an environmental education project based learning center.
- Module 1: Introduction to Environmental Education and KACEE
- Module 2: Project Learning Tree (PLT)
- Module 3: Project WILD
- Module 4: PLT, WILD & Standards
- Module 5: PLT & WILD Action Plan Development
- Module 6: Project WET
- Module 7: Project WILD Aquatic
- Module 8: WET, WILD Aquatic & Standards
- Module 9: WET & WILD Aquatic Action Plan Development
- Module 10: Leopold Education Project OR Early Childhood EE
- Module 11: Leopold Education Project OR Early Childhood EE & Standards
- Module 12: Leopold Education Project OR Early Childhood EE Action Plan Development