The Kansas Association for the Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE) promotes and provides effective, non-biased and science-based environmental education to all Kansans (revised, 2002).
KACEE's vision is an environmentally literate Kansas citizenry, with KACEE as the recognized leader of the state's conservation and environmental education network.
- To serve as a medium for the exchange of information among member agencies and organizations interested or working in environmental and resource-use education.
- To provide a medium through which programs may be cooperatively developed to promote and encourage the teaching of an understanding of the environment and responsible us e of resources.
- To serve through and Executive Committee as an advisory council to the Kansas State Board of Education.
- Problem-solving skills for responsible decision-making.
- A positive attitude toward conservation and the proper utilization of natural resources.
- An understanding of the social and economic implications of environmental issues.
- An appreciation for the environment.
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of ecology.
KACEE Strategic Plan